We're growing to a new stage and we need your help to get there!
Cambodia Knits is excited to announce that we'll soon be working with Caritas in Toul Sambo to set up a full knitting workshop right in the community. Caritas are building new housing and community spaces, and there is room for a CK workspace! This means we'll now have an on-site dedicated space to assemble our products to completion.
Currently, CK has to purchase unfinished knitted parts from Toul Sambo, then assemble them together in the Phnom Penh office. With the new workspace, knitters will now be able to earn more by making completely finished products!
We're thrilled with this opportunity, so to get the space running we're asking for a small funding infusion.
Our immediate goal is to:
- fund the knitters' new training for assembly, and
- afford travel to the community during training
- purchase equipment and materials to create a safe and healthy work environment
Your donations will also go towards:
- setting up a contingency fund for staff; a set reserve that staff can borrow from, with no interest or advance
- signage, brochure printing and advertising to raise awareness for and promote CK
- business registration fees
Because we're not a registered charity, we can't issue tax receipts — however, donors will receive a heartfelt email of thanks, and a mention on our Donor Wall of gratitude.
Every bit will help CK get through this challenging stage. Please donate today via Paypal by clicking the button on the right hand panel.
Donations are fully secure using the PayPal system.