Monday, August 24, 2009

The handsome knitter

After a mostly hellish week in the provinces (hellish only because of all the travel, not because of the company, the research or anything else), I'm back in PP and back to knitting. This morning I introduced the knitters to knitting in the round. There was a lot of confusion and laughter but in the end everyone worked it out. Our first pattern is the lovely Bunny Nugget, a free pattern from Rebecca Danger. She has lots of lovely critters on there so have a look!

Since Yeng stole my translator and I haven't found a replacement yet, Yeng himself has had to step in and translate a few times. This morning, he decided after so much translating knitting instructions and observation, that he too could knit and decided to give it a try. I can't say this with certainly, but he is likley the only male knitting Cambodian in the world. But Yeng is so cool and comfortable with himself that even this assault on his masculinity leaves him unscathed. And he did not too bad knitting at all. I'm going to try to get him started on a scarf and hope that his 5 minutes of knitting leads to more... but I someone doubt it will.





2 comments:

  1. WOW! Jack and Luke are duly impressed! May be I will get them to learn, or may be he will teach them when you guys are here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And he's a handsome knitter as well! Good for him.

    ReplyDelete